When I was looking for Halloween dessert recipes I came across this really simple, easy one on Mom Endeavors via Pinterest. I figured it looked easy enough for me to try… soooo this is my attempt. I dedicate my Spider Websticks to the huge spider that lives outside my window.. I’ve named him Ferdinand. Ferdinand has made the most elaborate web and I love it. It’s hard to get a good picture of him because he is so popular (and a huge backstabber) – he leaves in the morning and is gone all day.
For 6 Spider WebSticks You Need:
- little pretzel sticks (not rods)
- white chocolate/bark candy coating - I used 1 bar of Ghirardelli White Chocolate and didn’t have enough
- chocolate (baker’s, candy coating, or chips would probably all work)
- baggie or pastry bag - I used a freezer bag
- wax paper
- Make room in your fridge for a few trays of completed Spider WebSticks so that they can harden afterwards.
- Lay out a few trays with wax paper
- Arrange sticks in a asterick * type web (I used 8 sticks)
- Melt the white chocolate & put into baggie
- Cut off the tip of the baggie
- Connect the sticks together in the center by squeezing out dollops of white chocolate onto pretzel stick ends (make sure you cover each stick)
- Pipe out spirals of white chocolate to make the spider web
- Put 2 raisins in the center of web as the spider’s body
- Melt the chocolate & put in baggie
- Cut off tip of baggie and pipe out spider legs (I worked outside to inside so I could cover up any mess)
- Completely coat raisins with chocolate for spider’s body
- Place in fridge a few minutes to harden, peel off, and ENJOY!
- White Chocolate – I ate one of the Ghiradelli squares because I couldn’t contain myself and ran out of white chocolate. I recommend buying 2 bars of chocolate just in case.
- Spirals – I don’t think I melted the white chocolate enough because it wouldn’t come out of the baggie tip easily. I cut a bigger tip and it ended up coming out thick, and in squirts.
- I didn’t have any room in my fridge to fit trays so I turned into a mad woman cleaning it out real quick.